Pages

Thursday 20 June 2019

Corrosion Experement

What am I investigating: I am investigating what corrodes an iron Nail faster and what corrodes it better with the following things Nail Polish in water, Calcium chloride in Water, Magnesium in Water, Vegetable Oil and also Salt Water. What do I think will happen to the Nails I think that the salt water will make it corrode fast because in past experience salt water makes it corrode quite fast unless it is a metal that cannot be corroded and rusted by it and to be honest I don't know much about the other materials because I don't know what happens when metal comes in contact with them but I do think that the Calcium chloride will corrode it fast because it is bubbling lots with the nail in it so I think it might dissolve fast maybe even faster than the salt. What is corrosion, corrosion is when a metal comes in contact with elements like salt water but most of these things that corrode metals if not all are not powders or solids but most liquid, for example, salt can not corrode metal however salt water can, Calcium chloride cant corrode metal but it can if you add water to it to make a liquid.
the one that corroded the nail the most was the nail polish and the one that prevented it the most was the oil.



Image result for corrosionImage result for corrosion

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Levi, I really like how you communicate your thoughts in a post. Why do you think that oil was the best at preventing corrosion?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.